About the Company
As the leading integrated energy services company, Shawcor is responsible for protecting the integrity of operational assets across the world.
Succeeding in our current markets and pursuing our growth vision is made possible by our people. In addition to intelligence, dedication and professionalism, we look for individuals who embody our values. These include integrity, execution and technology, with a foundation of accountability, respect and doing the right thing.
Integrity is the foundation on which we were built. And it’s not just in how we operate—it’s behind every product we engineer. Its part of every new project we take on. And it’s the promise that we give our customers.
At Shawcor, we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company.
Backed by the strengths of Shawcor, DSG-Canusa and ShawFlex brands form the Connection Systems Group. The Connection Systems Group manufactures a complete range of custom cable, advanced cable accessories including heat shrink tubing, and application equipment to simplify installation.
About the Role:
The Junior Product Manager/Prodcut Manager in the Connection Systems Group is responsible for assigned product lines under the DSG-Canusa brand, including the full product life cycle from conception to commercialization and beyond. They are the ‘center of the wheel’ in the product life cycle, coordinating activities across the organization to deliver well positioned, quality products to our target markets. This role will be focused on our Heavy Wall, Electrical products.
Key responsibilities include:
• Detailed knowledge of customer requirements and market conditions;
• Define, develop & launch new products and technologies (or re-launch existing products);
• Product Marketing and Sales Support.
• Define and own the specifications of the product while understanding, quantifying and developing knowledge of market growth & sizing
• Gather detailed knowledge of market conditions, customer requirements, technology trends to identify growth opportunities through customer visits, networking, research, and participation on industry committees
• Maintain price guide and benchmarks, supporting sales on meet comp and special projects, provide direction on price increase tactics (DSG-Canusa)
• Support revenue forecasts for SOP and Strategic planning
• Analyze product costs and supply chain to identify improvements and strategies
• Guidance, maintenance and decisions on approvals required for product portfolio (UL, IEC, VG, CSA, RUS, IEEE, QPL, etc)
• Be the champion for new initiatives or resolution of issues for improvement of value proposition or customer service
• Responsible for achieving product line sales targets by coordinating support from Sales, Operations, Quality
Product Development and Launch
• Define and justify new product projects, holding responsibility for full cycle program management from AFPD to post-launch
• Collaborate with development team on timeline, budget and conformance to requirements
• Support to plan and implement launch process including events and activities and support sales team during commercial launch
• Conduct customer visits throughout program to gather information and to launch product
• Develop and maintain value propositions and differentiators for products
• Contribute marketing content for collateral and presentations while ensuring accuracy
• Understand and document competitions capabilities
• Support development of target markets (marketing strategy, target lists, education)
• Support to develop selling tools for product selection and use
• Identify and support trade show activities
• Identify and track product approvals at key Targets customers and OEM´s, guidance, maintenance and decisions on approvals required for product portfolio for Automotive & Industrial standards, etc.)
• Prepare and review quotations for high profile opportunities
• Provide/coordinate product training and technical support and applications support to customers, sales team and reps/distributors
• Utilize internal testing, application experience and research to turn benchmark data into key selling advantages
• Review non-standard product requests
Skills & Qualifications:
• 3-5 years experience in Plastics/ electrical products design and application
• Industry experience in Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Electrical or Communications
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science, MBA a definite asset
• Managerial experience in marketing of technical products
• Strong inter-personal skills and willingness to operate within a team. Able to develop and nurture internal relationships with many disciplines to achieve objectives. Able to motivate persons not reporting to him/her to complete tasks
• Ability to ‘crystallize’ customer needs from a large volume of information and make correct strategic choices
• Entrepreneurial approach focused on “getting the job done”
• Knowledge of heat shrinkable tubing market and related products and applications (demonstration of products)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, considered of high importance due to the international nature of the function
• Ability to analyze financial statements and conduct CAPEX/ Margin calculations with sensitivity to FOREX and other economic variables