Account manager - Contractor
Franklin Empire Inc. is a family owned electrical distributor. Supplying electrical components for new construction, renovation and retrofit applications in both the commercial and residential sectors, we are also experts in the Automation and Industrial controls within the Canadian Electrical Distributors markets.
We are presently looking for a highly motivated person for the Contractor - Account Manager position based in our Hamilton office.
The main responsibilities for this position are:
- Under the supervision of the Contractor Sales Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Account manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Generate sales with existing customers and develop opportunities with new customers within assigned territory;
- Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities through the conduct of regular and consistent sales calls;
- Ensure all sales activities are entered in Outlook;
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecast reports as well as prepare and submit monthly expense reports;
- Maintain annual sales targets as set by the Company;
- Provide accurate and timely updates to the Contractor Sales Manager regarding the project and account activities on a regular and ongoing basis;
- Attend tradeshows as required which includes, but not limited to: scheduling to participate in tradeshows and the setting up and taking down of tradeshows booths;
- Keep up to date on all training and development opportunities and attend as needed;
- Attend regularly scheduled monthly team meetings and;
- Other duties as assigned.
The main requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma;
- 3 to 5 years of related electrical distribution sales experience;
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Computer literate (MS-Office);
- Strong technical problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, prospecting and customers service skills;
- Self-directed and self-motivated; results orientated and sales budget driven;
- Superior organization and planning skills;
- Ability to manage multiple construction projects and priorities;
- Possess a car and a valid driver's license.
An attractive base salary plus commissions, complete insurance program, ongoing training, as well as a pension plan will be offered.
Come join a strong, value-added company, established for over 77 years. Be an important part of the family at Franklin Empire and share in our success!
Come light up your career!