Richmond Hill, Ontario
Founded in 1979, Liteline Corporation is Canada’s leading and largest privately held lighting manufacturer. We specialize in LED lighting for North American residential and commercial markets. More specifically, we manufacture complete lines for architectural lighting, hospitality and retail verticals, office and commercial space, high rise residentials and more. Located in the vicinity of the high-tech hub in the Greater Toronto Area, Liteline operates a 160,000 sq. ft. office, manufacturing and warehouse distribution facility. With over 130 employees, Liteline is poised for strategic growth for years to come!
We are currently looking for a Lighting Technician who is enthusiastic, detail oriented and possesses excellent analytical skills to work in our lighting lab alongside a passionate team.
The Lighting Technician is responsible for laboratory-based tasks, which include sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing results and provides all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively whilst adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines. The Lighting Technician carries out safety and performance tests. These tests assist in the advancement and development of new and improved existing products. The work plays an important role in the foundation stages of research and development (R&D) and in scientific analyses and troubleshooting.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lighting Technician will be responsible for:
- Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support engineering investigations.
- Recording and reporting data from all analyses and tests in the prescribed time and form and maintaining statistical records in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Preparing samples and prototypes for testing.
- Constructing, maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment, such as multimeters, data loggers, power supplies, oscilloscope, test boxes, etc.
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
- Using computer software (Microsoft Office, instrument-specific, lighting layout) and performing mathematical calculations for the preparation of graphs, analyze data and interpret the results.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments and applicable safety standards, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Performing troubleshooting and ensuring on-time calibration of instruments.
- Logging in all samples from field or special request for routine, non-routine and other test.
- Preparing and sending samples for third party analysis. Filing final report under direction.
- Reviewing incomplete samples.
- Lab cleaning, sample disposal, monthly inventory check and safety duties.
This is the perfect job for you, if you have:
- College diploma in the Electrical Technician field or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position is preferred.
- Proven experience in lighting industry and knowledge of UL/CSA standards are preferred.
- Strong understanding of ISO 17025 and working in such environment is a must.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of data processing.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity skills in laboratory manipulative techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
For the right candidate, we will offer:
- Competitive pay commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Wellness events onsite at our office (e.g. Mini-massage Fridays)
- Employer funded after-work team social events
- Partial match on employee contributions to our group RRSP
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, growing organization that supports learning and development
We thank all candidates for applying, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the unique skills and experiences of each of our candidates; recognizing that each prospective team member of Liteline may help turn our efforts into building a diverse and inclusive place to work, a reality.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. Should you require accommodation(s) to participate at any point in the recruitment and selection process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title in the subject line and a member of our Human Resources team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.