Regional Sales Manager
This can be an office or a remote position upon return to office. Currently, all sales roles are remote due to Coronavirus pandemic.
What our Regional Sales Manager Do?
Regional Sales Manager reports directly to Director, Distribution Sales.
Responsible for meeting or exceeding established volume, revenue and profitability goals associated with the assigned Electrical Distribution accounts in Quebec and Atlantic Canada.
Takes initiatives to get into new product categories at the assigned accounts to grow the overall business
Participates in the development and execution of the strategic growth plans for the assigned accounts with the goal to increase business that is aligned with the overall sales goals set out by Southwire Canada
Implements long-range sales programs using category management, forecasting, promotional planning, financial analysis and program planning
- Conducts monthly, quarterly, annual account analysis to review performance against targets
- Builds and maintains a strong relationship with the assigned customers to grow and retain business, promote revenue growth opportunities and maintain positive internal working relationships to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction
- Leads sales calls and customer meetings to move the business relationship forward
- Regularly achieves and reports on weekly and monthly sales and revenue generation opportunities
- Responds quickly to changing customer needs and requirements
- Acts as a customer advisor on how to improve customer financial results
- Provides information on Southwire Canada’s products and services to enhance awareness
- Ensures that customers receive ongoing training and education on new and existing products through one on one meetings, marketing tools, training forums, information videos etc.
- Works in a team selling capacity, ensuring that the appropriate Southwire sales, marketing and technical expertise is utilized in the most effective manner to build and grow the customers business
- Looks for new growth opportunities inside and outside of existing accounts
- Provides guidance to the agents to drive execution and accountability
- Maintains all selling activities within allocated Selling Expense budget
- Manages customer trade show booth setup and execution in collaboration with marketing and agent teams
- Collaboration with Inside Sale team in resolving problems and/or issues with key accounts as they arise
Professional Development and Continuous Improvement
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of Southwire products, services, guideline, policies and procedures
- Completes Southwire internal training and iAM courses as identified
- Keeps up to date on new and upcoming products and developments within the company and industry
- Attends and participates in internal and external seminars and courses to develop skills
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years as a senior/seasoned imcumbent in business or sales role ideally within the wire & cable market
- Be resourceful
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be Bilingual in English and French
- Demonstrate leadership coordinating with other functional teams, spirit of cooperation and commitment to task completion
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to be a quick starter and be able to work under minimal supervision or direction
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills, keen attention to detail, ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Customer-focused and driven to exceed expectations and requirements of both internal stake holders and external customers
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel to customer locations, job sites and Southwire offices in the US