Affiché le : 16 juillet 2020
In support of Culture of Zero, the Environmental Safety & Health Specialist responsibilities consist of providing resource support for the environmental, safety and health requirements in each of the Canadian locations. Performing day-to-day environmental, safety and health responsibilities to comply with those regulatory, provinces and territorial requirements, as well as providing direction for company directives Environmental, Safety & Health initiatives using Lean principles.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Create synergy and support the Environmental Safety & Health and Lean culture. Develop and monitor effective EHS management strategies, provide recommendations and technical expertise on regulatory compliance.
- Ensure all facility management staff and appropriate operational personnel are aware of current and pending regulatory requirements, permit conditions and other restrictions imposed by federal authorities.
- Provide direction and support to achieve zero recordable incidents through behavioral based safety, injury free events (IFEs), safety interactions, human performance principles, hazard identification/elimination, work practice controls, employee engagement and other company directive preventive safety initiatives.
- Audit and monitor activities to ensure all safety and health regulatory requirements are being met. Provide effective safety communication and liaison support between employees, facility management, and federal, state, & local regulatory agencies.
- Support the 4DX, Safety – Lean Optima, operational audit programs to assure compliance in EHS.
- Conduct and or facilitate EHS inspections and assessments to assure compliance with regulatory requirements, Key Performance Measures (KPIs) expectations, identify opportunities for improvement and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Procure and maintain records, data, or information necessary to prepare internally or externally required reports, respond to agency requests. Prepare and submit timely reports and responses to informational requests.
- Conduct incident investigations including root cause analysis for corrective action. Train management, personnel on incident investigations and proper documentation. Measure plant performance, benchmarking against best in class manufacturing.
- Assist in creating processes that identify, evaluate and control hazards in the workplace.
- Support all mandatory air, water, waste compliance assurance-monitoring activities at the facility.
- Serve as Emergency Response Coordinator for the facility, assisting with the coordination of emergency services and contractors.
- Provide industrial hygiene support as needed to evaluate employee noise and other health exposures
- Responsible for initiating, formalizing and providing EHS various training programs for plant personnel.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements