Senior Sales Director - Eastern Canada
Posted On: July 21, 2020
Last Day to Apply: August 04, 2020
The Senior Sales Director, Eastern Canada is an instrumental role as Leviton Canada advances its’ portfolio of solutions-based products and services, focusing on growth and profitability opportunities in the Eastern Canadian market (Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic). This role, located in Montreal, Quebec, reports directly to the President & Chief Operating Officer and will be instrumental in the company’s growth strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
Leadership & Management
- Accountable for all P&L activities under his or her responsibility, utilizing sales, marketing, and development resources to deliver sales, gross profit, and expense goals for eastern Canada.
- Manage spending across eastern sales team to ensure alignment with sales performance.
- Coach and develop the sales team to be best in class.
- Develops and Maintains strategy with distribution partners.
- Work with key customers to identify partnership opportunities to drive sales and deliver the brand promise.
- Manage Eastern Sales Directors and sales teams to align on distribution accounts to understand & implement account strategy.
- Create marketing strategies with Marketing Director to help deliver sales objectives.
- Assist in the design of demand creation plans for targeted products.
- Explore new product/market opportunities to ensure continued growth in Eastern Canada.
- Sit on the executive team and participate in the development of the Leviton strategic plan.
- Participate in EFC, AD and Imark events and represent eastern Leviton sales territory.
- Work closely with the Western Senior Sales Director to deploy national strategies and align on opportunities.
Sales and Market
- Determines original price positioning of all lines as well as the discount pricing strategy, volume forecasts and gross margins.
- Reviews distribution policies and sales strategies with input from the Sales Directors and from the Business Unit Directors and oversees their implementation.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of the annual National Sales Meeting.
- Identifies PR opportunities and participates in relevant events.
- In collaboration with various stakeholders. reviews divisional sales plans and oversees their implementation.
- Maintains good working relations with the major customer head offices as well as close contacts with buying groups and end-users.
- Negotiates customer rebate programs, in line with company policies.
Education and Languages
The applicant should have a university degree in business administration or relevant experience.
The incumbent should have a minimum of ten (10) years of work-related skills and knowledge, ideally in the electrical industry, and as many years’ experience in management.
Knowledge, skills, and Abilities
A self-starter motivated by a deep passion to transform the Canadian Electrical business.
- Outstanding communication skills and a thoughtful and collaborative approach to sales.
- Entrepreneurial focus with a determination to succeed in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of the electrical industry in Eastern Canada.
- Familiar with industry-standard CRM’s like Salesforce, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to accommodate up to 50% of travel including International.
- Ability to lead others by inspiring them to action, looks for ways to make us better; earns trust by building close relationships and empowers the team by providing freedom within a framework.
- Commits to the big picture, collectively pursues unselfish goals with humility & invests in making all of us better.
- Avoids mediocrity, reflects an openness to change, to new experiences & knowledge.
- Self-driven and motivated to accomplish goals while working closely with the team.
- Demonstrated success building strategic client relationships with a proven sales track record.
Languages: incumbent must be able to read, write and communicate in both French and English languages.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
The incumbent should be able to work well under pressure with minimum supervision and be available to travel throughout Canada (mainly eastern Canada) and the United States.
The Senior Sales Director, Eastern Canada directly supervises five (5) employees. The incumbent must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.